Probe LX air dump leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brysonjk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone had anything like this happen to their Probe LX? At the surface everything is great but when I get down to about 50ft I start to get a constant leak comming from my air dump that is at my lower back. It is about a 3/8" constant stram of bubbles. A dive master and I took it apart to see if there were any noticible problems, and all looked good. Smooth, no nicks or anything. On the surface after the dive I overinflated the BC to see if it would happen, but it is another one that opens. It almost seems like the springs are not strong enough, but why not on the surface??? Any help or pointers would be great. Thanks

First go to you LDS and get gaskets for the dump valves. As you may already know, you can screw off the dump valves and replace the gaskets. I was sold 3 of them for about $2. Be careful when you put the valve back together again, threads are plastic, and the valve cover is plastic..stripping can occur pretty easily. If that does't work...take it to the LDS to have it serviced, the springs might be weak. You may also want to check the threads on the valves to make sure they are not nicked up from crossthreading.

Thanks. I already took it in and they just replaced the dump with a kit that oceanic sent them. Best part is, it was covered under warrenty.

In case your LDS didn't mention it, your BC should be serviced annually just like your regs. Part of that service is replacing the o-rings in the dump valves.

Back
Top Bottom