Pro Plus 2 users... couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisV

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got my new Pro Plus 2.1 and had a questions on it...

Does the "air time remaining" take into the account leaving a reserve. I mean, once it reads zero, does that mean that it is time to do a normal ascent and safety stop and it still leaves a reserve of gas, or does it mean there is no gas what so ever in the tank when it reads zero "air time".

Does the end psi alarm set this "reserve" or is it just as alarm

I guess I could always just watch the air time remaining and watch it against the psi, I was just curious before I hit the water with it, the manual on it was unclear about it.

also, if I adjust the max nitrogen loading bar graph alarm down, does it affect my NDL dive time in the pre-dive planning mode or again is it just an alarm to notice it?

Just got my new Pro Plus 2.1 and had a questions on it...

Does the "air time remaining" take into the account leaving a reserve. I mean, once it reads zero, does that mean that it is time to do a normal ascent and safety stop and it still leaves a reserve of gas, or does it mean there is no gas what so ever in the tank when it reads zero "air time".

I looked at the smaller manual and had a hard time finding anything extremely detailed, but the website states this:

Dive Time Remaining
Dive Time Remaining, like Air Time Remaining provides a 'real' number in minutes. This calculation combines Air Time Remaining, Nitrogen and Oxygen absorption, displaying whichever allows less time.

and the safety and reference manual states about the same thing:

Dive Time Remaining
Dive Time Remaining, like Air Time Remaining provides a 'real' number in minutes. This calculation combines Air Time Remaining, Nitrogen and Oxygen absorption, displaying whichever allows less time.

Not sure if this helps you very much!

Does the "air time remaining" take into the account leaving a reserve
Yes if you have your end PSI set to 500/1000 It will calculate your dive and attempt to have you finish your dive with that amount of Air remaing. I always had mine set to 500 so it would then in turn give me the Time ramining based on that. However for me Had I known I personally would have left it set a zero.

One dive it said I had zero time remaing but 25min Left for NDL I was only at 20' looking around and still had 1000PSI and out of time.

If you change your Alarm all it will do is beep once you reach your preset factor. It will continue to calculate your NDL and give you your times based on Depth/Time. Your total time that will be left will be based on Time/Depth/Pressure

Atleast how my model Proplus 2 worked

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom