Pro Plus 2 and Aeris ai - Problem dl'ing dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrogGremlin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought an Oceanic usb cable, downloaded and installed the usb driver and both Aeris and Oceanic log software on a Vista machine. Both dive computers show 24 dives on the dive computer display: 2 from Sipadan in February and 22 from the Bahamas in March.

But when either dive computer is accessed through the cable via the corresponding log software, only two dives appear as available for downloading: One from last December in Belize (over 70 dives ago, and possibly the first dive on each since battery replacement), and the last dive in the Bahamas. The sampling rates on both dive computers have been consistently set at 60 seconds.

As well, some columns (such as remaining tank pressure) are missing from the "Dive Details" display (in the case of the Pro Plus 2). For the Atmos ai, clicking from Dive to Dive Details shows that column for an instant with NA everywhere, and then it disappears.

I installed the driver and just the Atmos ai software on an XP machine, with the same result.

Any idea what's going on?

You won't see any tank pressures. Those are not tracked in the samples.
Start and End pressure are tracked.
The only thing I can think of for your missing dives is that the software
will not download dives that are already in the logbook.
It seems to look at start date/time for matching.
If you already entered them manually into OceanLog/ACI then it might
get confused and not try to download them even though they are still
in the computer.

Just to see if you can download the dives, you might try creating a new dummy log
file with no entries in it and see if you can download all the dives inside the
computer.

--- bill

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion (and the info about the tank pressure column). However, there are no other dives in the log, and I've already tried downloading into a new log (and even a new log on a different PC), and still see only these two downloadable dives.

What version of OceanLog are you using?

An update: Upon advice from Oceanic, my LDS took my reg and Pro Plus 2 on a dive, and the computer did reindex all of the stored dives: We were able to download my last 64 dives. They'll be doing the same with the Aeris this weekend, and we hope that'll solve its problem as well.

It's strange that two computers would experience the same problem at the same time, but sometimes (I guess) we just happily accept the solution without needing to understand the cause. :) Thanks to Bob at Oceanic tech support, and Rami at Elmer's Watersports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom