Pro Plus 2.1 Download Temp Issues (Issues back again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thiad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So the saga continues...

I had a unit that, when downloaded using either MacDive or Oceanlog, indicated temperatures that read about 5 to 20+ degrees higher than actual temps (read against a Geo 2). Sent it in to Oceanic, they replaced the unit, all was great.

Or so I thought.

After about 5 dives, started to see the same problem with the new unit. With each repetitive dive, the temperatures get progressively more inflated. Called Oceanic support who seem puzzled with the issue. They asked for a few files from Oceanlog, which I sent, but it's been two weeks and I've not heard back from support.

The download temperatures are not all that important in the grand scheme of things. Though one dive read 122 degrees when downloaded, I'm not doing a lobster impression. :)

However, it's the lack of faith I now have in a key piece of gear. Not very happy about it and not happy that I haven't heard back from Oceanic especially after pinging them last week.

Status?

This would cause me to be concerned about the accuracy of the other readings (depth, air, N2%, etc.) I was considering one of these for my wife but thought I'd research SB first. Now I think I'll evaluate other options.

Thanks for reminding me to update this. I finally got ahold of Ron (customer service) about 1.5 weeks ago, and it appears there IS a problem with the software rev. My husband's computer is doing the same, and they have another customer that is also showing the bizarre temp variations.

Good to know it's not the hardware as they originally thought.

Ron passed all my files and that of another customer off to the programmer. He said it will probably be about a month to get the software update out. I guess I'm surprised that I'm the only person complaining about this. What I did notice was the temps on my husband's unit wasn't as pronounced which may be why. While I had the 122 degree reading, he was within the 5 +/- degree range. That's not dramatic enough to cause most people notice. But since I dive with two computers, I notice even a slight difference.

Otherwise, I'm still happy with the overall product. Before the replacement, I had 50+ dives on it and aside from the temp issue, it's been rock solid. It took a bit to convince Oceanic I did have a problem but now, I think they've got the idea.

Just a quick note. I spoke with Ron last week at Oceanic. The latest Oceanlog software fixes this problem - it's not a firmware update. I tested it after dives this weekend; it appears solid.

Since the same temperature issues appear in MacDive (which I love), I've also sent their support dump logs to see if they can help. For now, I exported the logs and imported into MacDive. Temperatures are correct now.

Back
Top Bottom