Pro Plus 2.1 Alarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Spear

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was diving off Pensacola, FL and my PP 2.1 alarm started going off when I was around 75 feet. I had plenty of air, first dive of the day and had only been down about 10 minutes and had plenty of time left. I couldn't see what was causing it to go off and when I downloaded the data into the oceanic log I can't see where I had any issues. Is there some way to figure out why it kept going off? It went off about 4 different times throughout the dive.

If you post your download it may help. was there any message or blinking icons?

Possibly ascending too quickly?

Here is the file. I can't find anything to set it off. I was diving 32% and I made a dive about an hour later at 25 fsw for about 35 minutes and it never went off. I couldn't see any icons flashing but kept cycling through and had plenty of air, time remaing, wasn't past my max depth, and my p02 was good. I did ascend a little quick at the end a few times but it wasn't that. The alarm would go off for about 10 seconds and I couldn't tell what it was or get it to stop even by selecting the buttons.

View attachment dive alarm.xlsx

I dive with a Suunto, so don't have firsthand knowledge, but my husband/dive buddy dives with the same computer as you and he says it is very sensitive to movement and does alarm frequently if he makes a sudden move or ascends even a short distance quickly. Perhaps you could adjust your sample rate to prevent the alarms?

At 45ft and 25min into the dive the computer went up to fast and at 40ft and 27min into the dive the computer went up to fast again. Both showed >30FPM acent.
0:25 45 FT 0 0 1 843 PSI 0.76 >30 FPM 0:00 2:24 0:00 0 FT 75 F Linked Too Fast
0:25 42 FT 0 0 1 822 PSI 0.73 0-10 FPM 0:00 2:58 0:00 0 FT 75 F Linked
0:26 41 FT 0 0 1 808 PSI 0.72 11-15 FPM 0:00 3:10 0:00 0 FT 75 F Linked
0:26 42 FT 0 0 1 790 PSI 0.72 16-20 FPM 0:00 2:57 0:00 0 FT 75 F Linked
0:27 40 FT 0 0 1 773 PSI 0.7 >30 FPM 0:00 3:24 0:00 0 FT 75 F Linked Too Fast

It's the ascent alarm. Oceanics have always done this. I've had both a console and now a wrist-mount and both of them will false alarm if you move them too quickly. If my arm is down and I quickly raise it to check it'll register a "too fast." After a while you'll learn to move it slowly.

It's the ascent alarm. Oceanics have always done this. I've had both a console and now a wrist-mount and both of them will false alarm if you move them too quickly. If my arm is down and I quickly raise it to check it'll register a "too fast." After a while you'll learn to move it slowly.

Thanks for the insight. It makes sense that is could be that - I just don't remember specifically what I was doing when it went off. It was a little weird because when I get the usual ascend too fast (like at the end of the dive) it ends pretty quickly once I adjust my rate. Some of these went off for about 10 seconds and it doesn't show an issue in the log. I would have thought the log would show it like near the end of the dive.

Back
Top Bottom