Pro-Ear mask question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have read all the threads regarding the Pro-Ear but can not find an answer to this issue. Do they work once you have all ready had a problem clearing, for example. You just did a dive with a regular mask and had some problems clearing and maybe a sinus squeeze. Can you use the mask for the second tank and eliminate the problem?

I usually have problems clearing, especially my right ear. I have had it checked and everything is OK. Typically I can dive and not have to many issues but on a recent trip I did have a sinus squeeze. Now I am a bit concerned about heading out for a week of diving and having an issue and ruining the trip. I like the mask I now use so I would only use the Proear if I had a problem. For 50 bucks I wouldn't mind having one sitting in my gear bag for just such a case.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

I have a Pro Ear. It broke recently and I don't know how to fix it. Just to give you a comparison, I equalize in seconds with the Pro Ear when it takes me minutes with a normal mask. I'm not sure why. I have to equalize a lot more often and a lot harder with a normal mask than I do with a Pro Ear. I can't say it alleviates clearing problems completely, but it certainly makes it less difficult for me! Unfortunately, I can't say for sure whether or not it will work the way you described it -- depends on the state of your ears, I guess, but I wear mine all the time.

Kansai,

Thank you for the reply. I quess I will have to give it a try to find out. I ordered one today so no harm in bringing it just in case.

Take Care
Scott

Back
Top Bottom