Private transportation travel Luxor to Port Galib

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy1974

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to book a private vehicle to take me from Luxor to Port Galib. Looking at booking with George Transportation.and. Tours.

1) Anyone ever heard of or used this?
2) Anyone see any concerns of Auto transportation going that direction.

They also offer service going from Hurgada to Cairo after my liveaboard ends, but the quoted cost is higher than taking a flight back, so I will probably take the flight option.

Regards

By chance are you doing any tours before or after your liveaboard or are you purely flying in and out for the liveaboard? I ask because we integrated the transfers we needed that were not included with the liveaboard logistics with a private tour.

Are you traveling alone or with someone else?

I found Trip Advisor reviews on transportation/tours very accurate and reliable, as well as for many other countries I have visited I would take a look there. Is it this one? Use George for all you Egypt Transportation and tours,,,he is awesome!!! - Review of George Marsa Alam & Luxor Transportation, Luxor, Egypt - TripAdvisor

I would also ask any of the tour operators to see if they will give you just transfers and no tours. Some of them are willing when we inquired. You can also look at some options out of Port Ghalib or Cairo on TripAdvisor. Memphis Tours is a really big company out there; you can ask them for a referral or see if they are willing to do it and grab some quotes. (We used them.) There are a variety of ways to do this. Good luck!

I do not know who Aggressor uses, but the folks that went to Luxor on my trip in 2018 and my buddys trip in 2017 had no issues with travel between PG and Luxor.

Incredibly, the security measures in Egypt are WAY higher than they are here in the US. We went through 8 checkpoints (all in Egypt) starting on the highway to get back on the airplane to Texas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom