Private plane crash at Roatan, kills 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let the internet investigation begin!

Looks like it fell hard and flat out of the sky, as in a stall.

I note the two large catamarans in the background. I know it’s not FI, but can’t exactly figure out where that might be, certainly South side. I always figured that “the crash” would be just East, down by Dixon Cove (Mahogany Bay Cruise Ship Port), but where they moor up those two huge cats these days, i dunno.

According to La Prensa, it was four Canadians and an American pilot who is also a hotel owner in Trujillo. The engine quit shortly after takeoff and the plane crashed in Dixon Cove. Apparently, rescuers had difficulty getting to the wreck, which was lodged on the iron shore. All died on impact except one man who died en route to medical care. Very sad.

Las Palmas, Dixon Cove

According to La Prensa, it was four Canadians and an American pilot who is also a hotel owner in Trujillo. The engine quit shortly after takeoff and the plane crashed in Dixon Cove. Apparently, rescuers had difficulty getting to the wreck, which was lodged on the iron shore. All died on impact except one man who died en route to medical care. Very sad.

ABC News says that the US State Department confirms that 4 American passengers and the Canadian pilot were killed:

4 Americans die in small plane crash in Honduras

Yes, the CBC article has now been updated to reflect this as well.

...This Guardian article ....but says that it happened in the "Isla Bonita area...

Off only by about 9 miles. There is no Isla Bonita per-se, there is a property names Isla Bonita Villas, West Endish, which I can attest with absolute certainty, this is not.

Love the internet, especially when there’s something bleeding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom