Private Messages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetBoy101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm new to SB (4posts) and I have a question about PMs. I sent two (I thought) but when I look at my Private Messages Sent it still says "0". ?:idk:?

By default they' re not saved. I've turned it on for your account. Should you ever want to disable it clear the checkbox at the bottom of the Messages and Notifications section here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions and save the change at the bottom of the screen.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 22
Many thanks!!

While I was at the options page I changed the notification from weekly to instant but it still shows up as weekly notification...

That's for threads you've subscribed to - not PM's.

E-mails sent for PM's happen when our mail server sends them - it's currently at least nightly - and may be more often.
The person that would know just left for a Belize trip (no internet access) this morning for a week.

According to what I see your thread subscription is set to instant.

So, should I have received a notification when you responded? Cause I didn't!! :idk: Again, thank you...

instant is a relative term. It may take several hours for the mail queue - I don't know as I don't have visibility to that part of the .vbulletin s/w.

Any threads you've subscribed to will show at the top of your UserCP anytime a reply is added. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/usercp.php

Our mail queue gathers 6 e-mails at a time to send and that's pretty quick. Daily and weekly notifications are handled in batch at midnight. However, we are currently working on our outgoing mail server, as many sites block our mail. People who use aol, att, bellsouth (and spinoffs) simply won't get any notifications from us.

Now, if you have your subscription for a thread set to "instant notification" you should only get ONE e-mail between visits. IOW, once someone posts and you get the note, you won't receive notes for additional posts until you visit that thread.

I hope this helps.

The problem I was having was because I changed my setting on the Options page. Doing this did not change the status of the threads to which I had already subscribed. When I posted to a new thread, it showed up with the "instant" while the other three threads remained "weekly". Then I saw in the drop down menu there was the option to change those settings on the same page. That did it. :banana: Hope you don't mind all the questions...that's how I learn!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom