Prism2 #2 red HUD (older style) acting up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The #2 (Red only) LED on the HUD display has been acting up. One time it will not work at all (#2 Green & all other LED's work), next time it will flash 1 time every other cycle, then perhaps the next time it will work with no problems, then back to not working. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to its behavior. Anyone else seen anything like this? It started this while diving in very cold water about 4 weeks ago. Taking the unit to Bonaire in late July.

One of two things most likely; the plug on the board (or one of the wire leads in the plug) is loose or you yanked your HUD cable. If it is not the plug or lead in the head, you must replace the HUD. I have done a couple of these replacements, it is not hard but does require a special wrench in order to tighten the thru hull fitting.

Yes, shouldn't be an issue if that is the case. My instructor is a Prism2 repair tech & can do that type of work. Said his did it for a while, then it cleared up & never acted up again. Just wondering if it was a faily common thing to happen.

Hi Tammy,

I am sorry to hear you have a problem with your HUD. The best thing to do is ask the Hollis repair tech to request a replacement LED HUD cable cable from Hollis. Hollis should have some warranty replacement parts in their possession. The tech should be able to replace the broken led cable fairly easily.

Lynn Partridge

Back
Top Bottom