Printing Digital Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lagerfran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I know back in 2006 someone asked this question. Mine is a little different. I do not want to print photos myself on a printer.

So..... does anyone get good u/w photos from a nation-wide company? i.e. Adorama or someone else?

Most of my photos come out great from a local photo shop, but when you spend $20,000 to go somewhere you want better u/w photo processing.

Any inputs?

i use a company here in nashville called chromatics. i'm just lucky that they are here. they have clients all over the country like national geographic, and tons of people in the music and entertainment industry. they're good. i think you can email files and they'll do it however you want it. i love them!! i like to have a print mounter on gatorboard with no frame. i think they look awesome that way.

Thanks, I'll look them up on the internet.

Hi Lagerfran:

I move my digital images onto a thumb drive and take them to a local camera store that does high quality prints. Depending on the shots, they have great advice on papers, size, etc. Their equipment is calibrated regularly. Try checking out a local option.

This beats the heck out of printing at home: calibrating moniters and printers, etc. If you are shooting RAW to TIFF, I find the files are too large to comfortably send over the internet unless you set up an FTP transfer.

Good Luck,

Dan

I use both Shutterfly and Ofoto/Kodak Gallery online.

For a few quick prints, I run to Kinkos.

I crop to odd sizes, and each of these three can be set to avoid additional automatic cropping (which would result in losing part of the picture I wanted to keep). In addition, all three closely match my monitor colors

Try mpix - I've heard very good things about them. I believe they are the consumer division of Miller's.

Adorama also gets very good reviews and often have excellent deals especially for larger prints.

Also don't be afraid to try different papers - metallic rocks - so if you choose a company with that option grab a print or two.

I've used snapfish here in Australia and really like their prints. The colours are spot on from the images I've sent them. I've also used them for quite a few canvas prints - all of which came up quite nicely! I'm pretty sure there is a snapfish US, too.

I use Kodak Gallery Online, and have had a pic blown up to 20X30" and i think they did an incredible job. I used a A620 powershot which is 7.1MP. Their photo books are great quality as well. I have tried winkflash as well and they dont seem as sharp as kodaks if you are doing full size 8X10 pics.

Back
Top Bottom