Print catalogs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primdrumma

Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any dive shops are still doing print catalogs? I realize that with the spread of computers and the costs involved it may not be worthwhile for most retailers, but I'm sure there has to be a few out there still sending catalogs. If anybody has some leads I'd be intereted.
Thanks for the help
Tim Collins

Leisure Pro has a print catalog in addition to their online shop.

Haven't seen a print catalog in a while. LP's site says they are planning a new catalog, but the last one I received is about two years old.

I assume you are an offset printer? Web/offset? Tough biz these days. I ran way from the print business about 5 years ago.

The problem with large production, like catalogs, is the competion from Asia. A few friends get books printed and it's cheaper for them to do it overseas. This, along with the overall reduction in printing in general make it rough.

Leisure Pro always says they are working on a new print catalog. Eventually, in about 4-8 months you might get it.

Divers Direct/Worldwide Watersports puts out a printed catalog also.

To me though... printed catalogs are a "thing of the past". Most retailers of any kind of merchandise don't do printed catalogs because by the time it takes to printset the whole catalog, print it, and then delivery it, then the cost and products have already changed making it "out of date".

Most of the equipment manufacturers still print yearly catalogs of their lines though. Great for reference as you make equipment decisions

Divers Direct/World Water Sports is a diving super store that carries many brands of a ton of scuba stuff

Divers Direct, World Watersports, Divers Outlet... they are 6 megastores from Key West to Orlando.

You can go to www.worldwatersports.com and sign up for their catalog.

Chad

Divers Supply still has a "Order Free Catalog" link on the lower left side of their page

http://www.diverssupplyusa.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom