Princeton Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vf84pc

Reaction score
I dive in asia mostly and I want to dive wrecks in the Philippines and Truk Lagoon. Which light would be better Shockwave LED or the Halogen shockwave II?

I dive with the Shock Wave LED and love it. Very bright, outstanding on battery use, and almost impossible to break the bulbs.
M

vf84pc:
I dive in asia mostly and I want to dive wrecks in the Philippines and Truk Lagoon. Which light would be better Shockwave LED or the Halogen shockwave II?

The basic difference in these lights is the bulbs. One is halogen and the other is LED.
but that is a HUGE difference. The LED will put out more light and use less battery. So your batteries will last longer. The LED will also put out a light that is (in my opinion) much "whiter", but that really doesn't matter that much to 99% of the people. The main difference in the bulb difference is the amount of light though.
you'll notice much more.

the only drawback to the light is the cost difference. The Halogen runs about $50 bucks and the LED runs about $100 bucks.

As for Princeton Tec itself, I own about 8 different types of Princetec lights
and have always been happy with their performance. However, I've had 3 of
them break before. One the housing cracked open and the other the LED bulbs
went out. Now they all come with a lifetime warranty so I got them fixed (or
replaced) the factory without problem. But I do find it odd to have 3 of their
lights break. I had a 4th I thought broke, but I think it's just a loose LED bulb.

Back
Top Bottom