Princeton Tec Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianV

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got back from The Bahamas and called Princeton Tec regarding getting a replacement part for my light.

Forward: I arrived to the hotel in The Bahamas and began unpacking my dive bag to go diving. When I went into my bag's accessory pocket I noticed it was REALLY warm. I pulled the light out (Princeton Tec Shockwave II 8C) and discovered it was on (bulb was still on). I turned it off and noticed the lens was completely warped. The light worked, just the lens was warped.

Needless to say, I didn't dive with the light on that trip, I took my 4C Princeton Tec backup light instead.

Fast Forward: I called Princeton Tec and explained what happened. It was my fault because I didn't put the safety lock on. I told them I'd prefer not to buy a whole new light and wanted to just buy the lens. PS - the lens is a screw on type and includes a rubber piece. He said, sure we can get you another one. I believe his name was Jason, but needless to say, he took my name and address. I then asked how much will it cost, and he said, "Don't worry, no charge!"

Well, I'm thoroughly impressed. Considering that the light really wasn't that expensive (I think I paid $50 on sale or something), and considering it was user error (admitted), I was astonished that not only did they not charge me, but they shipped it for free as well.

I like the light and am actually looking to upgrade, and I think they just earned my repeat business; it's tough to find customer service like that. They never even asked when/where I bought it (although it's less than a year old).

Just thought I'd share this feedback with you since people are quick to complain these days (I know since I work for a product manufacturer), and typically slow to praise good service.

-Brian

Yep, Princeton Tech does take care of their customers. I had one flood while on a FL trip. Emailed them, they actually replied the next day. No problem just send it back. I told the guy that I bought is second hand and had no receipt. He didn't care. I sent it back without batteries and it came back about 9 days later with batteries. To top it off I found a crack in the case that was clearly not there fault. Not sure how I did it but it was cracked.

I've had really good experiences with their customer service group. I've had a few of their lights break and they've replaced every one of them, and in a resonable time period.

As a note on the melted lens, try putting a small piece of cardboard between the batteries and the contacts before packing it and it will help keep it from being accidentally turned on.

BrianV:
I may try just taking the batteries out :)
When we flew out of Honduras, they MADE US take the batteries out of our flashlights, because of the spark potential they said. It's not a bad idea to just pack the batteries seperately.

I buy batteries on site. WHY ship the extra weight?

PS, I have found Princeston Tek to be MORE than fair in their handling of warranties.

Yeah but I don't even consider this to be warranty handling. They're fixing a user error issue for free. If it was light failure and they handled it all with free shipping I'd be very happy, but user mistake is being covered without question, WOW.

KBeck:
Hmmm, I have an old Shockwave C8 that lost the rubber outer-ring ages ago in a strong current. It never even occured to me to call/contact Princeton Tec at all........off to see if they have a website..........

http://www.princetontec.com

Number = (609) 298-9331 (US Number)

Back
Top Bottom