Princess Cays eleuthera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adder70

Contributor
Reaction score
So, my wife and I are going on the Princess eastern Caribbean cruise on the second week of January.

We would like to snorkel, but there is very little info on the reef at Princess Cays. how deep is the top of the coral?

We snorkeled Labadee, where one side was awesome for snorkeling since you had to watch that the wave surge didn't drop you on the coral as you went shallow. I would very much like this, or at least coral within 5 feet of the surface.

Anyone who knows, please let me know the scoop on this.

Also, which dive site is the best? St. Maarten or St. Thomas?

My wife and I took that trip last year. We didn't do alot of snorkeling on Eleuthera, if I remember correctly 20 ft. or less, not that great of a snorkel spot. The beach was nice. We dove at both St. Thomas and St. Martin. If I chose just one spot to dive, I'd choose St. Martin. I had previously been to St. Thomas and St. John and dove for four days between the two. The diving on the east side of St. Thomas and west on St. John. I thought that the diving there was far better than the two dive sites that we had off the south east side of St. Thomas, Navy Barges and the other was a reef dive that wasn't that great. Visibility was 30 ft. at best.
Diving off St. Martin on the otherhand was great. We dove a wreck and then a reef dive that was quite nice. Visibility was 60 to 80 and we saw a couple of sharks on the reef dive plus the usaul tropicals. The dive on the wreck was interesting as there were eels and some small schools of fish, barracuda. We penetrated the wreck which was black as the Ace of Spades on the inside, I was wishing I had a light along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom