Primus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMBL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everybody,

Thanks to IMDB, all the details about the show are here : Primus

Primus was never as successful as Mike Nelson, but I did very much enjoy it as a kid. It hooked me on scuba-diving, as JYC's Odyssey did as well.

I'm dying to watch it once more, but although I've been ransacking the web, it seems the show was never set on tape nor DVD, nor could find much about it.

Has anyone any bright idea or better knowledge than I ?

Thanks a lot anyway.

I loved this series as a kid, and when I started surfing the internet in the 90's it was one of the first searches I made - but nothing! The series is probably collecting dust in Ivan Tor's closet. Too bad his kids don't dust them off and transfer them to Blu-ray. Robert Brown, the actor who played Primus, is apparently still alive according to Wikipedia (91 years old). Does anyone on Scubaboard know him and can ask?

At last, someone who remembers Primus ! :D

I think I did have some episodes on vhs ill look this weekend

Abnfrog that would be great! The VHS jacket may list the distributor (if still in existence). I noticed that Daktari, another Ivan Tors series, was released by Warner Archive Collection a few years back, so maybe they have the rights to Primus too?

Let the Seahunt for Primus continue!

I love the toys.... he has a sub, sea plane, scooters and drives a 71 ‘vette. Everything I ever wanted (at least until puberty....).

My feelings exactly :D

:eek: there's a link under the video on the Youtube page, saying that 4 episodes are available on DVD ! :eek:

JMBL, good pickup. Watching the clip posted by CT-Rich, it would appear that this is off a VHS tape and converted to DVD. It would be interesting when abnfrog finds his VHS, he can confirm if it contains this same episode. It may be that only one VHS with four episodes was ever released.

primus.JPG
heres the pic with titles

Back
Top Bottom