Pricing suggestions for aluminum 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m in the process of selling some aluminum 80s locally. What is a reasonable asking price for an 80 with a fresh hydro and visual.

$100-125 give or take depending on age and area of the country. Yoke vs convertible valve as well as modular/not modular valves will play a role.

need more info, because fair pricing varies widely. a 6351 tank is basically scrap due to the headaches of dealing with them and a 6061 with rough paint and a yoke only valve are a dime a dozen used. whereas a brushed set with matching L+R valves for SM goes for a lot more.

I’m in the process of selling some aluminum 80s locally. What is a reasonable asking price for an 80 with a fresh hydro and visual.
what country?
what are their born dates?
6531 or 6061 alloy?
what kind of valve? din, yoke or convertible?
age of valve?
what is the exterior condition? paint chipped all to hell, intact paint, brushed ali?
o2 clean or not?

depending on the answers, around the Seattle area prices would likely be:
$20 for a 6531 alloy tank with an old yoke valve
up to $150 for a 5yo 6061 O2 cleaned luxfer with a clean brushed finish and thermo or DGX quality din convertible valve.

Located in Wisconsin. Luster 6531 alloy, born in 1987. Paint stripped. Old yoke valve. Fresh hydro and eddy. I’m going to start around 75.

Located in Wisconsin. Luster 6531 alloy, born in 1987. Paint stripped. Old yoke valve. Fresh hydro and eddy. I’m going to start around 75.
It is worth what it weighs.

That is almost criminal. Be sure and give this to prospective buyers. It is a ticking time bomb. You should be ashamed of yourself. Scrap it, write it off, and move on.

The only person paying that is a new diver who doesn't know any better. Very few shops will even fill that cylinder.

I hate when people take advantage of new divers.

That is almost criminal. Be sure and give this to prospective buyers. It is a ticking time bomb. You should be ashamed of yourself. Scrap it, write it off, and move on.
pretty harsh words.maybe he doesnt know any better about the tanks .did you ever think of that.now letting him know about the dangers is fine but i bet there are alot of people not knowing about 6531 alloy tanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom