Prices of new Suunto D Series Watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huckster

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard the price of the new Suunto D series watches? Are they selling them as complete kits or do you have to buy each piece seperate? like the watch, Band, data cable and transmitter?

Thanks

There are new ones? Newer than the D4, D6 and D9?

There are new ones? Newer than the D4, D6 and D9?
Suunto recently upgraded the D4, D6, and D9.
The "new" D9tx offers trimix-capability.
The "new" D6i features optional hoseless air-integration and a 3D electronic compass.
The "new" D4i now has optional hoseless air-integration, too.

Unfortunately, none of the D-series Suunto computers have user-replaceable batteries. If the computer is purchased from an authorized Suunto dealer, I think the company still offers a 5 year pro-rated warranty along with 2 free battery changes. This implies that the owner is stuck paying whatever fee Suunto demands for battery changes beyond the first two. FWIW, the old D4 computer had about 50% less battery life than the old D6. Not sure if battery life has been improved in the new D-series.

My D9's battery lasted about 4 years and about 300 dives. It cost me about $100 to replace it and the transmitter battery. It took about 10 days. I can live with that--my dives come in spurts, so a couple of weeks without my computer is no inconvenience.

From Aqua lung website

D9 tx -Titanium Bracelet: Without Transmitter US$1,775.00, With Transmitter & SDM US$2,150.00
Elastomer Strap: Without Transmitter US$1,575.00, With Transmitter US$1,995.00

D6i - Steel Bracelet: Without Transmitter US$1,170.00, With Transmitter US$1,650.00
Elastomer Strap: Without Transmitter US$940.00, With Transmitter US$1,395.00

D4i - US$685.00 Without •Optional wireless air integration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a dive guide,I would not own a computer that battery could not changed by the user. I use two computers on every dive & usually dive everyday 3 to 4 dives. My wrist Suunto Mosquito has user replaceable battery but I've had the whole computer replaced twice for some internal malfunction. Now they do not offer that model any longer. I understand if a diver only dives a couple of weeks a year that the inconvience is acceptable. Sometimes where I work there is no mail,UPS,Internet,phone service,roads,cars,airport or any other source to get my dive computer sent back to the dealer. MY #2, UWATEC Prime Tri-console has never let me down.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Back
Top Bottom