Price check on faber steel 120s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nathan Doty

Contributor
Reaction score
Howdy im looking at a pair of Faber 120 steel tanks. They're both out of hydro, filled with nitrox "a few years ago" with din valves. He's asking 50 each guessing hydro will be 50ish each.

Good deal or just meh?

great deal at 50 each unless if they are so trashed they won't pass hydro.

The worst of the 2.
20190125_174349.jpg
20190125_174340.jpg
20190125_174331.jpg
20190125_174327.jpg

Thanks everyone.
I'm going to pick them up sunday. But... Looking at the weight I'm not sure how easy they are going to be for me to use. I've only dove with al80's, using them I only dive with 8ish pounds on me, no wetsuit.. Specs say they're -16 full and -8 empty. I'm worried I'm going to hit bottom like a rock. I don't float very well, in the pool I can dive with 0 pounds.

I'm in a new BC starting tomorrow (Dive rite transpac) so I don't actually know my weighting yet so that may change. And I have a shorty, just don't wear it often. So I can soak up a bit extra weight with it.

I'm in the water tomorrow, picked up my rental tanks tonight. The lds had a bunch of steel 72's for sale, $40 each, I think in hydro. But he said they were low pressure, I didn't know they made low pressure. I was thinking a 72 steel carries about as much gas as an aluminum 80.

I just stumbled across the tanks today, haven't really done my homework obviously! :)

@Nathan Doty what is the service pressure on them? There are several 120's out there from Faber.

LP72's for $40 each, I'd buy a few of them. Where are you?
72's are fine for single tank diving. They're low pressure, but who cares?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom