Pretty good article on the Halcyon RB80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice article.
Had the joy of running into an RB80 diver during a class once, very interesting discussion about a very interesting piece of kit.
Saw one for sale a year ago and honestly considered buying it just to put it up in my dive room as an awesome decoration, but decided it would a waste to put something so cool on display rather than someone getting to continue its legacy.

Very nice article.
Had the joy of running into an RB80 diver during a class once, very interesting discussion about a very interesting piece of kit.
Saw one for sale a year ago and honestly considered buying it just to put it up in my dive room as an awesome decoration, but decided it would a waste to put something so cool on display rather than someone getting to continue its legacy.
Yea, they kind of just bounce around from diver to diver as people retire and new people come up the ranks.

Nice article. I find it quite impressive that the RB80 is still relevant after so many years in use.

Yea, they kind of just bounce around from diver to diver as people retire and new people come up the ranks.

one thing I'm not sure I will ever understand is if the RB80 is as good as it is, and is still being trained and used by GUE, why they didn't use the SF2 for their CCR since it's the same unit, but alas, the world may never know.
Great article though

First time I’ve seen “pretty good” and “RB80” in the same sentence......lol.

Ya, I know historically it’s gotten a bad rap.......but the few guys I know that have actually dove it say it’s a decent unit.

It’s actually really good.
The guy I talked with said the same thing, it was a great tool for the job it was made to do, even though he moved on to a JJ for most of his diving he still gave it a ton of praise.

Back
Top Bottom