Pressure washing, in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have this idea to pressure wash a boat while it's in the water. I tested it with a 5 gall bucket and my hand and I thing there will still be enough pressure at 3-4 inches. Anyone ever try this?

beats scrubbin,
I was 3/4 done this morning on the bottom and I lost the sponge(my fault for not having it tied off, and of course I totally srewed up the vis and couldn't find it....
we should experiment on Catherines boat.....

She has some guy who does it monthly for some really low price. This boat needs a little more elbow grease thou...

yes...please do "experiment" with cleaning my boat bottom!

I can't believe you are buying a SAIL boat here. There is no where to sail to.

Unless you are gonna be a die hard and ruin your skin.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

are you just gonna sit on it and drink? I do notice thats what they use most of them for here.

hmmm........ well assuming water is 800 times denser than air, you would need 800 times the pressure OR you'd have to get 800 times closer for current pressure to work

how far away do you normally pressure hose from the surface? you'd have to do it 800 closer to deliver the same pressure, right??

(just thinking outloud)

thank you Andy...i was gonna let them go for it.

seems you could put the thing right ON the bottom though..the wand.

hey WC...you could have a commercial on TV!

I think it can be done, you probably will have to hold on to a loop that can be moved from a helper on topside and he can help move the hose for you. It should be doable.

Not that bad.
What do you mean there is no where to sail? Look out your window there is a big frikkin ocean out there! This yacht is big enough to go anywhere. Funny too, it's home port is Homer Alaska! Like it was ment to be.

The aquarium here uses pressure washers to clean exhibits. They work underwater.

Is the bottom paint the hard or the ablative type? You'll peel off the ablative type and have a big toxic cloud of copper. I would use a pressure washer on hard paint though.

Assuming that there's paint on the bottom at all :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom