Pressure rises after you stop breathing on reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I was (stupidly) thinking it was a change of 50-60 bar, not psi. This is a change of 3-4 bar, hardly worth worrying about really.

Okay, I was (stupidly) thinking it was a change of 50-60 bar, not psi. This is a change of 3-4 bar, hardly worth worrying about really.

I'm just curious what is causing it, as it seems weird to see the pressure rise.

I switch every 300psi or so, and see 20 to 50 psi rise on the side I just quit breathing as normal for my LP85s. I expect it's a temperature thing as discussed above.

Broncobowsher has the correct answer, the valve is not fully open or there is a problem with it so that it is not fully open although the handle might be open. The correct symptom is not that the pressure rises after you stop breathing on the regulator, more that it drops when you breath. Have seen this many times. At depth and when a tank is fairly well used, a person will think they have no air left.
My experience with this as well. I took my 14 year old daughter in the water to try diving, and her spg kept going from 3000 psi down to 100 psi, each time she would breath in... I called the dive to find out she hadn't completely opened her valve...

Back
Top Bottom