Pressure gauge w/ Compass Sandwich?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PnL

Reaction score
Is there a pressure gauge that has a compass on the backside of the pressure gauge? I like to small round pressure gauge but would also like a compass in the same small package. I haven't been able to locate one and I don't know how well it would work.

ScubaKims once bubbled...
Is there a pressure gauge that has a compass on the backside of the pressure gauge? I like to small round pressure gauge but would also like a compass in the same small package. I haven't been able to locate one and I don't know how well it would work.

why dont you just put a compass on your left wrist and clip your gauge to your left hip D-ring? It is more streamlined than a bulky
console.

Sure there is - Suunto make one called the CB Double (available at Simply Scuba and Dive Inn in BAR, don't know about PSI). You can also buy just the compass module, but you would need a Suunto console already to do that.

Compass wrist mount is much easier to use IMO, and a plain SPG is more streamlined. In reality, when following a compass course, you don't need your eyes glued to the SPG at all times, which is the usual argument for consoles, in that you can always see your remaining gas supply.

the CONSOLE MANOM SM36 300B+SK7 CB DOUBLE.

suu00009.jpg

I think I need a presure gauge on the end of my high presure hose. I can't really see where anything else belongs there.

Oceanic has a slim little console with an SPG on one side and a compass on the other. You can find it at their website...

Personally, I hate having to flip my console over to read one thing versus the other (this was the set-up on the rental gear I used to use). I'd definitely try and test drive this set-up before committing to it. In the end, I put my compass and computer on my wrists, and clipped off my SPG. At this point, I wouldn't want it any other way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom