prescription masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joshv2

Reaction score
where is the best place to get a prescription mask? I'm damn near blind as a bat without my glasses. I just did an online search and found many responses, but I don't feel like wasting money on a shady outfit.

thanks!

I've had lenses made for two of my masks through Aquatic Optics in Irvine, CA. Their phone number is (949) 263-8611. You will need to contact them and confirm that your mask can be fitted with special lenses. They will need a copy of your prescription that you can get from your optomitrist.

They are very reputable and the turn around time is very quick.

The good part of working with them is that you can get an exact prescription for your needs--especially good for those of us who can't buy insert lenses off the shelf. You can also pick a mask that you want rather than going through a company that has only one mask that fits their inserts.

Diving with good corrective lenses is the only way to go!

Ron

I cannot recommend SeaVision masks highly enough!
The lenses are great and the skirts are the best I've ever worn.

These guys are first rate. You can talk to the doc and get pretty much anything you want done. I got a mask with bifocals placed where I wanted them for photography work last spring. I was very happy with the results. They will provide the mask if you want or they will take your mask and put the prescription in it. Myself, I have been happy with my mask make and style so I got a new one and shipped it to them.
http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com

The Kracken:

I agree, a tad bit pricey, but still the best mask I have ever worn as well. I dive a Sea IV w/ Perscription/color correction lenses.

Matt

The Kracken:
I also use Seavision. Not the pink "color correction" lenses. The standard clear ones. Mine fogged like hell when I first got it. Then learned to smear Johnson's No Tears Baby Shampoo on the inside of the dry lenses, and let it dry there. A quick rinse at the dive site and its good for an entire day, mask removals and all. Seavision rocks.

Your local diveshop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom