Premier lake diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abies

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have any comments on diving Premier lake, up by Kimberly? I've been told it has some interesting things in it. I'm going to be up that way in a bit camping and was thinking about going for a dive.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

I heard about it a few years ago. Haven't made it there yet but it is supposed to be clear. It is not a deep lake. I'm not sure what "interesting" things may be in it but it sounds like it's worth a look for someone who has a day or two to take the detour off the highway. I've been meaning to take that detour but I've never had a day or two to do so.

Well I dove premier lake on Saturday, and it was nice, it must have been someone at the LDS that mentioned it because i was able to get directions to the Rod and Gun club dive site, plus some nav to some points of interest, Dog house, old oil Drum and some old tripod mounted gun thing. The geology was really neat for me, slope down to about 20 feet then cliff down to somewhere between 50 (according to the fish finder the fisherman had we talked to) and 70 feet on the map I was looking at, I would guess somewhere in between. we stopped at 40 and the bottom wasn't really viable (vis wasn't great about 10 feet but run off is still high). there is some neat algae or plant stuff growing on the cliff so it was a nice dive, the last 1 km was a bit bad but the minivan made it so it isn't that bad. All in all not a bad dive I think I'll do it again. If any one has any questions or wants the directions/nav for the points of interest send me a PM.

I'm interested in checking this dive site out. Do you have directions that you could share?

There is also some cool looking growths in the lake, not sure what they are, freshwater algea or corol type organisms........ Pretty neat to see though!

Hi Ronyx, sent you a pm yesterday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom