Pre-treat de fogging tinted lense mask ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christina0701

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought Seadive/Oceanways masks, one for me one for my husband. His are the Eagle eye HD Rayblocker anti fog lenses and mine are the Superview TruColor anti fog blue lenses. My question is, is there a special way we should be pre treating these types of masks? Or is the old toothpaste drill sufficient? I'm scared to ruin the lenses they were pricey. We are going for our refresher course this Wednesday night and I of course didn't think of this until now! Thanks!!

I'm scared to ruin the lenses they were pricey

I would be also - suggest you call them instead of asking here:

Seadive/Oceanways
7619 Somerset Blvd.
Paramount, CA 90723-4129
Tel: 562-633-3767
800-635-4215
Fax: 562-633-3716
Email: Info@seadiveinc.com

thanks Steve, they said no toothpaste, dish soap only, glad I called them

That makes sense. Every reference I have read / made to the abrasive cleaning of the mask has been in the context of raw glass.

One would hope that such a premium antifog product would arrive ready to use.

I would expect you still need to keep it clean so be careful to avoid make-up, sunblock and salad dressing.

Pete

I also have a SeaDive Ray blocker UV HD tinted lens mask I understand baby shampoo but do you have to do it 20/30 times like toothpaste? and are you able to use the defog afterwards before you enter the water? thank you

Spit

Back
Top Bottom