PPO2 display/monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jale

Contributor
Reaction score
HI
I am looking for a ppo2 display/monitor with a fisher or preferably hardwired.
Beside the Tecme (only fisher if I have understood correctly), Gorilla (don't really like the cylinder shape and wonder if it is still sold), and Monox (cannot get any reply from them..) is there any other units on the market?
Or if someone is selling an old SW...even a GF...let me know.
Thanks.

Shearwater makes a monitor only. I know its an option on the Kiss units but might not be sold direct

Or find an old predator. Or a VR3 but they havent been made in 10yrs

HI
I am looking for a ppo2 display/monitor with a fisher or preferably hardwired.
Beside the Tecme (only fisher if I have understood correctly), Gorilla (don't really like the cylinder shape and wonder if it is still sold), and Monox (cannot get any reply from them..) is there any other units on the market?
Or if someone is selling an old SW...even a GF...let me know.
Thanks.
The gorilla is terrible.

AV1, but it’s a full-blown computer and probably outside your price range based on what you were asking about.

With the prevalence of easily-accessible micro controllers like the arduino, teensy, and the like, a lot of people now just make their own. If you’re on Facebook, ccrcustombuilders is a good place to see what people are making. It’s also a pretty active marketplace, and you might be able to find something that will work for you that’s been cannibalized from a different unit (revodream, hammerhead handset, etc).

Jim

AV1, but it’s a full-blown computer and probably outside your price range based on what you were asking about.

With the prevalence of easily-accessible micro controllers like the arduino, teensy, and the like, a lot of people now just make their own. If you’re on Facebook, ccrcustombuilders is a good place to see what people are making. It’s also a pretty active marketplace, and you might be able to find something that will work for you that’s been cannibalized from a different unit (revodream, hammerhead handset, etc).

Jim
I have an AV1 already but not that reliable for reading cells
Yes arduino seems a good way but I have two left hands :).
I used to have a Revodream also but not that happy and two cells only...

Shearwater makes a monitor only. I know its an option on the Kiss units but might not be sold direct

Or find an old predator. Or a VR3 but they havent been made in 10yrs
Yes I contacted KISS regarding this option. Waiting for an answer.
Yes a Predator would be a good way out. I still bite my fingers for having sold my old GF; was a bit big and the battery was a bit "tricky" to change by removing the front plexi but it worked :)

Yeah, it seems like you're best off finding an old shearwater, then. Or go the opposite direction and get a NERD :D.

You might try contacting Josh Thornton via facebook or through subgravity. It seems like off and on through the past year or so he's gone through and sold off a bunch of old ccr components, including several hammerhead handsets. He might have something that will work.

I've got an old inspo classic that I'll pull the handset off and sell to you, if terrible is what you're looking for :p.

Jim

Yeah, it seems like you're best off finding an old shearwater, then. Or go the opposite direction and get a NERD :D.

You might try contacting Josh Thornton via facebook or through subgravity. It seems like off and on through the past year or so he's gone through and sold off a bunch of old ccr components, including several hammerhead handsets. He might have something that will work.

I've got an old inspo classic that I'll pull the handset off and sell to you, if terrible is what you're looking for :p.

Jim
Will try Thornton. Thanks.
As for the handset from your inspo, it would be really terrible to separate the two handsets; the slave cannot survive away from the master :) :)

I’ll sell you both the handsets—didn’t know you wanted two :p

There’s also a Buy & Sell Rebreathers Worldwide group on FB that’s pretty active, and has random stuff come up. A working VRX just sold for £60.

Sorry to keep pointing you to Facebook. I hate that everything is there and not on forums anymore, but that’s where I’ve seen the most stuff like what you’re looking for.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom