Pouches for a velcro weight belt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Once upon a time (before Halcyon took over) this dive shop had weight belts with a 1.5~2" strip of the fuzzy part of Velcro on one side. Then individual pouches would be attached to it.

This system allowed the user to have as many pockets as needed and each pocket could hold either solid or shot lead up to about 5 or 6 pounds per pocket.

Well after so many years my pockets have been lost, or degraded to the edge of usability. I haven't been able to find replacements so I decided to make my own.

The photos show the original pocket from the mid 90's in black (blackish anyway) the 1st try that came a bit short and the 2nd in progress, inside out and completed.

Old New n Progress.jpg inside .jpgDone.jpg

Now I need more things to build with the 1.5 yards left over of the mesh and canvas

Yeah those yards sure mount up, don't think I've ever used remainders unless it was black leather
or cordura, or, what am I talking about

bought some samples from Sailrite recently, an exemplary American company

full.jpg

Great job, those pouches, "Just like a bought one only better"

You absolutely must check out their videos

Yeah those yards sure mount up, don't think I've ever used remainders unless it was black leather
or cordura, or, what am I talking about

bought some samples from Sailrite recently, an exemplary American company

View attachment 516756

Great job, those pouches, "Just like a bought one only better"

You absolutely must check out their videos

Yes I'm familiar with them, I just have to be careful when I check their website could order hundreds of $ in the first 5 minutes of browsing.

Yes even their boxes and packaging is beautiful

full.jpg

My next project, a weight pouch

Looks interesting. looking at the pic with my phone I can't see very well the details, are those metal rivets?

Back
Top Bottom