posting problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Haven problems posting.

The blinking thing ( can't for the life of me remember what it's called) won't appear when I click in the quick post field and it won't appear in the advance posting field until I click around with the tab button. ...I'm also getting an error on page message. I check on another forum and it works....so it's not my computer.

Should I try deleting my cookies?

justleesa:
Haven problems posting.

The blinking thing ( can't for the life of me remember what it's called) won't appear when I click in the quick post field and it won't appear in the advance posting field until I click around with the tab button. ...I'm also getting an error on page message. I check on another forum and it works....so it's not my computer.

Still having problems tonite? Obviously you've been able to post before so what have you changed recently? By "blinking thing" you mean the cursor right?
Should I try deleting my cookies?
You could but I'm not sure that will help. What browser/version # are you using. Did you recently upgrade it? You could try clearing your disk cache also, but I suspect the problem might be Java/Javascript related.

If you're using Internet Explorer7, click Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and scroll down to the Java section and make sure it's enabled.

Firefox is easier:
Click Tools->Options->Content and make sure both Java and Javascript are enabled.

Then restart your browser. lmk if this works.

sjspeck:
Still having problems tonite? Obviously you've been able to post before so what have you changed recently? By "blinking thing" you mean the cursor right?

Nope, still not working :( I have to go advanced and then click around on the tab button to be able to post.
You could but I'm not sure that will help. What browser/version # are you using. Did you recently upgrade it? You could try clearing your disk cache also, but I suspect the problem might be Java/Javascript related.
I have version 6.o.2900.2980. I had big problems when I tried to download the new version .

Ok, I went to look at my tools and uncheck and checked the java thing and now it works...wonder what made it stop working in the first place!

Thanks for the help sjspeck!

justleesa:
Ok, I went to look at my tools and uncheck and checked the java thing and now it works...wonder what made it stop working in the first place!

Thanks for the help sjspeck!
Personally I blame Microsoft for things like this - but that's just me.:D

Glad you were able to get it working...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom