Posting Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschmidt

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a newbie on this site and have found it difficult to figure out how to post images. I have no trouble logging in for the forums and have a few posts. But, when I go to the site map (the only place on the site that I can find any "post photos" option) I am asked again for my user name and password and it is deemed invalid. In fact, that part of the site repeatedly tells me that my user name doesn't exist.

I've noticed that many of you have posted photos on this forum in addition to the photo gallery. I see an insert image button on the toolbar above so I decided to give it a try here. Unfortunately, when I click on that button, I am asked for the URL of the image to insert, rather than an option to browse my hard drive where all the images exist. So, I thought, I'll enter the URL of a particular image on my flickr account. Nothing. I've been able to post on other sites without a problem -- both from my hard drive and from flickr.

Any advice for an inept newbie trying to use this site?

Thanks! I'll try it now.
771162022_df62818a19.jpg

This is an image I took with available light at "Calvin's Crack" off the Bay Island of Roatan, Honduras. We've been to Roatan three times over the past year, and will be back for our fourth visit this coming January.

Here's one more:

770361393_b3af6bee7c.jpg

Brittle Star in Sponge.

Any advice on how to post to the SB Gallery? It still tells me that my user name and password are invalid...

WOW! Alcina, I followed a couple of your links and your advice and images are wonderful! Clearly I have a lot to learn from you. Thanks for your help!

Why, thank you :wink: Most of the Sticky is information complied from our members, I merely try to organize it in an easy location, so you can see there's a ton of helpful folks here!

I've also sent a note to our Guru to find out what's happening with your photo gallery access.

G'Day Guys,

I just wanted to say 'Chin up!'. I was in exaxctly the same boat as you where DSCMIDT, only yesterday. I read the post then thought i would jump in and give the same advice that was given to me. However alcina in her great form had already done so. :D

Further more i wanted to again express my thanks to alcina and the other moderators that have helped me out in the last 2 days. You guys are great and very welcoming!

Cheers guys. and welcome Dscmidt!

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom