Post Your Best Drying Story/Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The crew at Boardwalk subic bay unwound all 120mt of my primary reel and stretched it across two poles to sun-dry, before my flight home the next day. That was in addition to all the other pieces of gear.

I thought that was pretty great customer service :D

Only if they wound it back up neatly afterwards :wink:

That time, on a cruise, when I dried all my gear and my son's in my wife's and my inside cabin (all we ever seem to have a budget for) ... and it somehow, very promptly became my son's and my cabin, while my wife for inexplicable reasons decided to share the cabin with my daughter. Both non-diving at the time.

The unearthly scream in the middle of the night when my wife forgot I'd hung my drysuit in the shower to dry.

Priceless! :outtahere::giggle:

When I travel, for diving, I try not to check a bag but either way I will often bring older booties and 1mm wet suit and leave them, sometimes I’ll bring an old back up reg and give it away to someone who seems deserving, same with flashlights, even a knife if I do have a checked bag, all to make space for the crap you have to buy people who know you went to some exotic place.

I try to have my gear as light as possible, also being bigger than the average bear, I bring two 1mm suits and layer if the temps warrant it, a beanie style hood can help too.

Similar to Graeme, back in the 90's my other half had a Henderson semidry 7 ml. The thing was so thick it just about stood up by itself. We were staying at a vacation house with some friends. It was night, we were all sitting in the living room, watching a movie, having some adults' beverages. I wandered into our bedroom and saw a body in the bed where no one should be. I screamed. He had layed his semi dry out on the bed and in the gloom it looked like a person asleep on the bed.

Best drying experience, Ishigaki Japan with Prime Scuba. They took my gear, and when I came the next afternoon to pick it up it was bone dry, even the boots and glove which are the last to dry normally. I think they had some drying room based on how everything was hung out to get good circulation, but still kept together on the rack.

The unearthly scream in the middle of the night when my wife forgot I'd hung my drysuit in the shower to dry.

This happened enough times in the bathroom or on the porch after quarry dives with my giant wetsuit that I am now required to fully notify any time a huge human looking wetsuit has been hung up to dry...

I put crumpled up newspaper in my drysuit boots to dry them. I didn't believe it would work but it does. The newspaper absorbs the water.

That reminds me of when I walked through the hallway of a rental cottage to our dark back bedroom and gasped thinking some man was standing across the room, and it was my buddy's drysuit. It freaked me out every time I saw it.

The rest of us hung our gear near a heater in the front room. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom