‘Post’ COVID liveaboards. -Policies/Deals Etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, I just booked a liveaboard for the end of August thought it might be worth starting a stream as liveaboards start to open up again as countries start to open up (for now). Not really planning on this being a stream for running opinion on whether it’s a ‘good or bad idea’ or arguments ‘for/against’ or an ‘i made a booking 6 months ago, hoping it still goes ahead’ etc. More of an ‘I’ve made a NEW booking to go to XXX as the country has opened and boats are sailing again)

I’m booked on the Belize Aggressor 3 for a 10 night leaving August 22nd because:
1) it’s 50% off which works out to be $234 USD a day for full board/meals and 5 dives.
2) Belize is fully opening on Aug 14th-ish
3) I’ve been on this boat before and it’s great lazy diving (43 dives last time) so I can build up my photo database.
4) They say that if the boat doesn’t sail I can move to another trip of my choice.

Both the Belize 3 and 4 are sailing twice in August and after that at full schedule. I Believe Bahamas Is also running soon (July)

Anyone is welcome to come with me if they want...

Awesome- Dive shop I know just got the green light for their August trip to Belize as well. They are doing land based.

I am getting married on August 22- we had to cancel our reception. Maybe I could take the deposit refund and book the Aggressor trip.... I am sure my bride would love that!!!!!! (she would not)

We have booked the Royal Evolution for Sudan Deep South in May 2021 because

1) those trips fill up fast, some are even booked in 2022 already
2) my risk is zero as it is a travel package protected under Germany law.
3) I'm an optimist :)

“Post covid” ....
That’s the question.

‘post’ wasn’t Punctuated that way by accident. For the sake of this stream ‘post’ means the country of embarkation is open for the sail date without quarantine and you can get there.

Hi all, I just booked a liveaboard for the end of August thought it might be worth starting a stream as liveaboards start to open up again as countries start to open up (for now). Not really planning on this being a stream for running opinion on whether it’s a ‘good or bad idea’ or arguments ‘for/against’ or an ‘i made a booking 6 months ago, hoping it still goes ahead’ etc. More of an ‘I’ve made a NEW booking to go to XXX as the country has opened and boats are sailing again)

I’m booked on the Belize Aggressor 3 for a 10 night leaving August 22nd because:
1) it’s 50% off which works out to be $234 USD a day for full board/meals and 5 dives.
2) Belize is fully opening on Aug 14th-ish
3) I’ve been on this boat before and it’s great lazy diving (43 dives last time) so I can build up my photo database.
4) They say that if the boat doesn’t sail I can move to another trip of my choice.

Both the Belize 3 and 4 are sailing twice in August and after that at full schedule. I Believe Bahamas Is also running soon (July)

Anyone is welcome to come with me if they want...

You might want to check on Belize opening. They've had some new cases.

You might want to check on Belize opening. They've had some new cases.
can't get there... no direct flights to Miami from Toronto any more and i would have to spend 17 hours in Houston airport. Airline said that it's unlikely that i would get through US immigration on a UK passport as it likely wouldn't fall into 'reasonable transit time'...it would be a crapshoot..

either way, they just pushed the airport as redfoot confirmed, so it would have been a push anyway :( and the new earliest open date basically kills both of the aggressor 10 day trips.. I never actually paid the deposit.

I'm off to the red sea instead.......maybe....

Between the various country/state/local/work arbitrary rules that change at a whim I have given up on any planned air travel this year. When things actually look better (not predicted to be better) I'll consider air travel again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom