Post Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why does it seem that when I correct spelling on my posts after originally posting them, people are still replying to the original post and not the corrected post? And the replies come some time after so it leads me to believe that the corrections are not posting properly.

Any truth in that?

When you quote a post, you essentially make a copy of it.

Even though you've have changed your message, it doesn't mean that the copy gets updated too. It make take the other poster several minutes or hours to come up with a reply. That's why it may appear that way.

I figured as much but it seems many people click QUOTE very quickly and then wait because my changes usually happen immediately after posting.

Damn them quick quoters!

Posted via Mobile Device

I had an incident yesterday in which I made some corrections, and they appeared to post.
I went elsewhere in the forums briefly, then came back, but it showed the uncorrected version of the post.
Not sure what to do, and without trying to fix anything, I again went elsewhere briefly, came back and it was correct! Could there be a delay somewhere? All of this took perhaps 10 minutes.

Toss your cookies often. Caching is used a lot in today's cyber-world to speed things up. A refresh probably would have let you see the REAL current post.

I had an incident yesterday in which I made some corrections, and they appeared to post.
I went elsewhere in the forums briefly, then came back, but it showed the uncorrected version of the post.
Not sure what to do, and without trying to fix anything, I again went elsewhere briefly, came back and it was correct! Could there be a delay somewhere? All of this took perhaps 10 minutes.
Did you use the back button or did you refresh the page?

Using the back button forces the browser to display the page stored in memory which will not have the most recent updates.

Did you use the back button or did you refresh the page?

Using the back button forces the browser to display the page stored in memory which will not have the most recent updates.
I returned to "new posts", went to a later new post string, then I think I again returned to "new posts" and clicked again on the earlier string in the list. In the past this has shown any added posts, and my earlier corrections. But a couple of days removed, I can't be certain what I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom