Possibly stupid question about dry gloves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot2cold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

I purchased a used Santi with a Smart Glove system installed. I assembled them according to the following instructions. My question is how the gloves equalize considering Santi says to leave the wrist seals in. Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks

they usually come with a very thin plastic tube -slide one end into the glove -the other end tucks under the wrist seal to allow air to migrate - make sure you have wrist seals all sealed up as usual then tuck in the tube, slide the other end of the tube in the glove and put on
that way if you get a hole in the glove you can pull off the glove and pull the tube out then put the glove back on so that you dont keep getting water up your arm - you r hand will be wet but its better than getting your arm slowly soaked in you're undergarment

Ah, clever. Though it seems the guy I bought it from neglected to include them. I guess I'll have to find some straws or something for tomorrow.

Thanks

Edit: I can't find any pictures of the tubes... what diameter should I Iook for?

Ah, clever. Though it seems the guy I bought it from neglected to include them. I guess I'll have to find some straws or something for tomorrow.

Thanks

Edit: I can't find any pictures of the tubes... what diameter should I Iook for?
Aquarium air tubing, thick (8mm?) bungee cord, or pulling your undergarment thumb loop through the seal can all do the trick.

Thanks
Aquarium air tubing, thick (8mm?) bungee cord, or pulling your undergarment thumb loop through the seal can all do the trick.
8mm tube is way too big, 2mm or thereabouts is fine

no dont do that (thumb loop) if you get a leak your going to get your arm soaked - as above get something you can pull out quickly and the wrist seals will do their job

I think the 8 mm was for the bungie, not the tubing. Note the comma location....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom