Possibly an upcoming dji ROV ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Possibly an upcoming dji ROV ???
Or "just" a housing for an existing handheld dji thingamajig?
Anybody know anything?
Unleash Your Other Side

P.S.: Not sure if that should be in Photography or Video...

There was a report on a new gopro form factor type camera from dji a few days ago.

DJI action camera reportedly leaked to compete with GoPro

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much just yet, waterproof may just mean 10m and they released the osmo pocket promising an underwater housing that has yet to appear. It's going to have to have some hypersmooth beating stabilization and awesome low light performance or a low price to compete and the gopro 8 isn't that far away.

But this is only a good thing and hopefully gopro will really step it up for the 8 (low light boost, raw photo while shooting video, higher bit rate, but stick with the same form factor)

I have put a 10m waterproof camera 30m before without any issues. Although I don't recommend it, I do it regularly

It does list an underwater case (no details) the unit is waterproof to 11m without the housing so perhaps of little value to divers. I would however caution against buying with a view to getting the housing later, the osmo pocket was released with the promise of a housing and that has yet to exist outside of a few photos.

From what I've seen (not having used it) the action is comparable to the hero 7 and other than being cheaper and the stabilization being perhaps slightly better, and with the hero 8 coming out in a few months I can't see any reason to upgrade from the h7 especially as no housing is available yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom