Possible regulator damage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novarlynx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
so I just washed my regulator set after doing a dive yesterday. All my gear had to sit outside in my car overnight because ... well life happened ... and it dropped below freezing temps last night.

This afternoon after work I cleaned my gear and washed the regulators in the sink as usual.

I hung the regulators up to dry and I kept hearing a "burping" kind of noise coming from the end of the power inflator hose. Moved it around a bit and it made more noises. I tried inhaling through the regulator (which normally should not work at all) and i was sucking air through the power inflator hose.

I'm going to take my regulators to the dive shop soon and have them look at them, but it sounds to me like water may have possibly gotten inside the first stage due to the leaking hose.

What would cause the power inflator hose's connector to leak? It's a miflex hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom