Possible issue with m fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flaya

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm new to this as I am getting certified. We are currently doing the pool dives and I started cramping up. Not the normal calve cramp, it's a cramp on the side of my foot (opposite of the arch)

I'm guessing it's the fin cause it's right about where the fins stop. I have Tusa Imprex open heel fins. I know they aren't the best but was told they would do for a beginner.

Is the cramp caused by the fin or possibly the boot? And what can I do to fix this.

Thanks,

Joel

sounds like poor fit, more than poor fin design, either too loose or too tight, I am guessing too tight.

of course with beginers, you have the problem of exercising muscles that you haven't previously used much and you will have some growing pains with that, but this sounds like a piece of poorly fitting equipment is making your expirience unpleasant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom