Positive feedback for MAKO.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all.

I know word of mouth is good advertising so I decided to post my experience with MAKO Spearguns.

I have done and am looking to do more beach diving locally as well in Venice Fl. I spoke to MAKO earlier abut floats and flags that were easy to tow. After their response, I decided to go with a simple fishing float, not the high pressure one. As it was almost Christmas time, and my folks kept asking me for a gift suggestion, I sent them the link to MAKO. I did this partly based on reviews from others here on SB.

Anyway, I get home from months away and open my presents. Mom had gotten me the float I was looking at.

Everything looked great until I got to the tow ring stitching. You could clearly see that the sewing machine had a problem. Either the needle broke or there was no thread. Either way, the tow ring was only held in place by a few stitches.

I contacted MAKO through a Scubaboard PM and Jim responded immediately. I was given a call call tag and was able to ship the float back to them the next day. Mako put a replacement float in the mail before they received my float.

I have the new float in hand and it is perfect. I believe it will be exactly what I need.

I just wanted to share this experience with everyone and let you know I don't have any issue dealing with them again. Customer service was 100%. Everyone I communicated with was polite and helpful.

Thanks to Jim and Dano who both helped with getting this straightened out. Good job guys.

Charlie

A very Belated THANKS! Hope the float has been working well for you.

thanks again

dano

You're welcome. Float works great and tows very easy. I recommend it when anyone asks. Thanks for your help. Anyone is welcome to DM me if they have questions.

Back
Top Bottom