Posidon Regulators Opion's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulSmithTek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering I am upgrading to a posiedon regulator. I was wondering what everyones pros and cons of them are. Are they really that hard to get serviced in the states. I live in utah and i know there are no service shops in utah. I think there are some in washington state thought. I hear they are the best but I want others opions

My old workhorse Cyklon 300 served me well for over a decade, but sold it off after one too many expensive rebuilds and having to search for repair techs that were qualified to work on it.

Dive Apeks TX50/US4 now and actually prefer it over the Poseidon's breathing characteristics.

I had seriously considered an Xtreme Deep about a year ago, even had a good deal on one, but decided against it because of the cost of the proprietary hoses and the high costs to repair out of warranty. Went with 4 Apeks DS4s instead for my various requirements.

i have a poseido xtreme dive. i ahve access to servicing and parts so i dont have to worry about that. one of the ebst darn regs if you ask me. i had a apeks atx200 which i sold the very next day as i preferred by poseidon. i swear by em

One other big factor is having interchangeability in first stages from my doubles rig to singles rig to my various stage bottles, I want the same first stage, and I definitely cannot afford to have 6 poseidon xstremes. If you can, the more power to you. I don't think anyone is arguing that the poseidons aren't good regs. They do breathe well, but do not serve my purpose for the reasons I have outlined. The DS4s breathe fine for me - maybe I don't draw as much on them as others might need to, not sure. Plus the rebreather I am looking at getting in the next year comes outfitted with Apeks DS4s.

i use poseidon jetstreams and like them a lot, i used to own scubapro mark25/s600s but liked the poseidons better, after using the jetstreams then switching back to my scubapros the scubapros made me feel starved for air. but thats just my personal opinion, apeks, scubapro, poseidon theres tons of great regs on the market. i know people that use all of them.

Bottom line is whether you can get them serviced or not.

Doing some servicing myself and having worked in a Dive Center that services equipment I can tell you that they are difficult to get serviced and you definately don't want someone servicing them that does not have the specific training for Poseidon.

I dive with Poseidon Jerstream regs with a 3960 1st stage, and love them. I have just returned to the States, and have found some difficulty locating sources for parts, and a reputible tech for servicing here, both of which were non-issues overseas.

I recently posted this question in this forum, see link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=117975

I received several great posts and a few private messages where members provided me with soultions to both issues (thanks guys!), including a Local DS with an "Old school" tech with years of experience with these regs who is servicing these regs on a daily basis.

I am using my regs with a BP rig, Hogarthian set-up, and personally considering my personal experience under chalenging dive conditions, wouldn't use anything else.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom