Poseidon Xstream Mouthpieces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have a source for a good deal on these. DGE has them for $21. Found them overseas for $18. I need several. Or alternatives that will fit? Spendy little buggers.

Give Dive Right in Scuba a call. These aren't listed on their website that I can find, but you never know.

@tbone1004 dives them maybe he has some good info

As far as I know the Xstream mouth opening is the same size as a Jetstream, which can use a standard size mouthpiece. Its the Cyklons that have the really huge opening and create a challenge.

I don't dive the Xstreams, but it's the same mouthpiece on the Jetstreams. DRiS may be able to help you out, for a bit better than the $18 you found overseas but since DGX doesn't do any sales outside of what is online and don't do pricing adjustments, their prices are fixed. The other outlet would be Air Tech Scuba Services in Raleigh. They are probably the premier Poseidon repair center in the country and will be able to help you out.

That said. If you don't use your regs upside-down like some of us do in sidemount *when you move to share air you can rotate the reg around it's horizontal axis instead of turning it around, or for stage bottles where you want them to be left handed sometimes, but not all, then the Apeks branded comfobites work really well. Apeks has a larger orifice than most other second stages so it isn't a struggle to get them on at all. At $10 each they're much more economical and the commercial price on those is actually not much more than the top tier dealer pricing on the Poseidon mouthpieces... I use these on my backmount regulators

@Caveeagle the Jetstream and Xstream do use a larger mouthpiece size than most, but not all that enormous. They are about 1/8" bigger in width and height than the Apeks and most CCR DSV/BOV openings, and about 1/4" wider and taller than the "Standard" opening size on Aqualung, Dive Rite, HOG, Hollis, etc. Scubapro uses an incredibly small opening by comparison so you have to be a bit careful. I think most of the cheap mouthpieces out there are designed for the HOG/AUP/Dive Rite etc. opening since the combo of those brands makes up a huge chunk of the market and is only 1/16" wider and taller than the Scubapro opening and those require a bit of stretching to get on the Poseidons.

Yes^, that is exactly the same mouthpiece that came on the brand new Jetstream I got a month ago. I have not dove it yet, but its seems like a quality part. From a sizing & Availability perspective, there are other options you can use.

I'm not sure if this the case here.. But there seems to be a lot of mythology surrounding Poseidon regs. Because the older Cyklon 2nd stages had a larger opening, some people erroneously apply this assumption to all Poseidon regs.

**I stand corrected** They are a little larger, but not so much as to prohibit using off the rack mouthpieces I have found.

The poseidon.net ones are a good deal but once I add them to my cart there is no way to check out. I have given up and getting a response from them. Must be some sales agreement for shipping to the US. I considered the comfobites but all 5 of my Xstreams are set up for bailout bottles. Looks like I will have to stick with the OEMs at $20 a pop. I have noticed the Poseidon mouth pieces split easily where they attach to the bore.

Thanks tbone! Air Tech Scuba has nothing on their site but a quick call sealed the deal. State side with flat rate shipping and only $10.60 a piece. Have some green my man! Mahalos.

Back
Top Bottom