Poseidon Xstream Home Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,
Looking for anyone who has done rebuilds on these at home. I know hey have a reputation for being a pain to service. I have had zero issues rebuilding the first stages. Easy as it gets. But I keep getting the slightest bubbling out of my seconds no matter how much time i spend tuning them. Its hardly noticeable on some and very much so on others. They live on my bail out bottle and it drives my ocd crazy! I'm convinced I just need new servos but before dropping $45 a piece on them was hoping to get any advice on things I may be missing. I do have the repair manual and most of the tools.
Thanks!

Maybe contact [user]tbone1004[/user] - he does his own afaik.

He may eventually post here, but, IIRC, he uses Cyklons....

I'm comin' I'm comin. I use Jetstreams :) Conveniently, same servicing principals. They basically gave it a new housing and shortened the tube the servo screws onto. Sorry for delay, been teaching OWT all week and even though I'm acting as AI, it's been exhausting 18 hour days....

Anyway.
Diagnostics.
Remove the diaphragm. If it stops leaks, you did something wrong in rebuild so that's bad but at least everything works and you just need to adjust it properly. Odds are it won't stop leaking. So take it back apart and make sure all the o-rings are seated and lubed properly.

Bubbling needs to be diagnosed on where it is coming from and why. If it is coming from the top where the servo valve is, then you need to replace it. You can flip the seal over if you want, but it may not work and the e-clips suck to deal with.
More common is that if you aren't using them regularly, the condom has gotten stiff and doesn't want to behave. Unfortunately it is very difficult if not impossible to soften these up, so best to just replace them if they start leaking.

Thanks for that. I ordered extra servos as that's where I'm getting the bubbling but as you mention they don't get used enough. I haven't dove oc for years but have 4 I keep on my bo bottles. When you say condom I'm assuming your talking about the diaphragm under the purge? Just checked mine and they seems pretty supple. Hopefully just the new servos and I'm back in biz. Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom