Poseidon Xstream first stage coupled with other second stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys,

I have a possibility to get an xstream first stage very cheaply, and I was wondering if any of you guys have used it with succes combined with other second stages than poseidon?

The intermediate pressure is 8.5 + - so in theory it should be easily combined with any other second stage if I'm right?

I was also wondering if they are appriopriate for very cold water diving? (35-45F).

the Xstream first stage is in a class for cold water diving with only the Apeks regulators as the other contenders that have passed the Norsok testing *basically CE on steroids*. It's designed for North Sea offshore oil stuff. You won't be diving that deep, or that cold, so they'll take care of you.
That said, your second stages are the ones you really need to be concerned about as they are the ones that tend to freeze up, but you won't get the MK3 first stage to cause you issues in the cold.

They work just fine with whatever second stages you want. They are set up for 8.5bar where most "normal" second stages want 9.5bar, but they will go up to the 11.5bar that the Cyklons want with little issue. Just set the IP to whatever the second stages you have call for, and you'll be good to go.

What tbone said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom