Poseidon xstream DIVE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crestgel

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the Poseidon xstream DIVE Nitrox cert? I was told both that it was and was not by diffrent LDS.

Poseidon says that it is for AIR ONLY. They market the XStream Deep and Duration for use with trimix and Nitrox, respectively. That said, I can't imagine that it would be any less usable than other rec regs up to EAN40. The only apparent difference is the color of the exhaust cover. I haven't yet used my XStream Dive (+Octo) for anything but EAN21, but I don't think that will last forever! (I'm looking at a Nitrox course on June 26th and my tanks are still O2 clean since they've been filled with EAN21 rather than Grade E Air)

-Rob

Just got off the phone with Viking the importers of Poseidon. Here is the story. The Poseidon xStream Dive is not certified for Nitrox. The xStream Duration and Deco are. xStream is rated to 50% and Deco is rated to 99.95%.

xStream Dive has 2 hp 5 lp ports

The Problem: not enough ports for some recreational diving needs
xStream Duration 1 hp 3 lp port
xStream Deco has 1 hp 2 lp port

Soulution

They will be coming out with a new xStream Duration next month with 2 hp 5 lp ports.

Be careful there are a different number of ports on the regular and 90 versions of the regs. They arenot my favourite for hose routing though. All the ports areright beside each other. So they are either incredibly non-low profile, or they are being stressed by the neck of the tank.

I thought the Xstream Dive only came in the 90 version. Mine certainly is. As for the ports, if you look down on the reg as it is on the tank (i.e., screwed in toward you), then the HP are on the left and right near the bottom of the reg. Two LP are almost directly above the HP on the left and right, one LP is facing away from you (12 o'clock) and the other two are between the other LPs and a bit lower (10 o'clock and 2 o'clock). All are straight out from the 1st stage.

I still belive (i.e., my opinion) that the Dive ought to be fine up to 40% just like all the other regs seem to claim. To say that the Dive is "air only" seems way too strict -- not even, say, EAN25?

-Rob

Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear. I was referring to the 90 and the regular on the original Xstream series. Not the Dive. (deco, duration, and deep) I have used the deep and because some people are convinced that port plugs are a failure point, they are limited to the one side of the reg.

rab:
I still belive (i.e., my opinion) that the Dive ought to be fine up to 40% just like all the other regs seem to claim. To say that the Dive is "air only" seems way too strict -- not even, say, EAN25?

-Rob

I have had no problems using mine with 40%.

-Kevin

poseidon claims that their regs are built with EPDM o-rings even on the dive so Iwould think like any other manufacturer, then they are good to 40% without any special treatment. But don't laugh I know a guy who actually spent the money on one for a deco reg.....

Back
Top Bottom