Poseidon Trident Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarcharodonCarcharias

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Can anyone provide any insight or experience with the Poseidon Trident fins? Any feedback would be awesome! I can pick up a pair for a fairly decent price so I just want to know what are the pros and cons.

Currently I have Aeris Accel, Atomic Blades, and Mares Volo Power. (Not sure if I really need another pair of fins to be honest. :) )

Thanks in advance!

@buddhasummer - Don't miss out on your favorite topic. Haha.

I have 3 dives on a pair I was gifted. They are XL and I use them for drysuit since they are heavy.

They are exactly the same mould as my UTD fins, they seem to be pretty much the same material wise. Not quite as flexible as my Deep 6 but well constructed, rigid enough for precision. I had the chance to do some flutter in a strong current heading down the line and they seem to be about the same as any jet fin in that scenario.

Not a huge basis for comparison yet but I would not have any problem recommending them, as long as the price was reasonable ie there are other very similar models out there that may be cheaper etc.

I have 3 dives on a pair I was gifted. They are XL and I use them for drysuit since they are heavy.

They are exactly the same mould as my UTD fins, they seem to be pretty much the same material wise. Not quite as flexible as my Deep 6 but well constructed, rigid enough for precision. I had the chance to do some flutter in a strong current heading down the line and they seem to be about the same as any jet fin in that scenario.

Not a huge basis for comparison yet but I would not have any problem recommending them, as long as the price was reasonable ie there are other very similar models out there that may be cheaper etc.
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! I am going to take a look at them at the LDS later or tomorrow.

I have used Tridents and variants of them for years with dryboots -- being partial to that solid Jetfin-like model, of which the Trident is a member.

The pros include a relatively compact size; a high level of maneuverability with low effort, in my experience; a nice snug fit with heavy boots; and quality construction. Any cons may be related to their weight; their price, for some; but I, for one, cannot stand all of the nouveau peckerwood plastics; the endless crap laminates; the hinges, and asinine claims which crowd far too many catalogues and usually find their way, within a season, to swap meets and, most commonly, the back of closets.

I have used them, dependably for decades; perhaps that's enough . . .

I have used Tridents and variants of them for years with dryboots -- being partial to that solid Jetfin-like model, of which the Trident is a member.

The pros include a relatively compact size; a high level of maneuverability with low effort, in my experience; a nice snug fit with heavy boots; and quality construction. Any cons may be related to their weight; their price, for some; but I, for one, cannot stand all of the nouveau peckerwood plastics; the endless crap laminates; the hinges, and asinine claims which crowd far too many catalogues and usually find their way, within a season, to swap meets and, most commonly, the back of closets.

I have used them, dependably for decades; perhaps that's enough . . .
True.

Thanks for the input. I am agree with you on the nouveau stuff. Especially some of those gimmick ones.

Buy them and tell us.
Ask you shall receive.
IMG_2096.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom