Poseidon Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkwi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone tell me what I have here and how I should proceed bringing it all back into service?

It all works in the pool.

Attachments

• KIMG0814.JPG
    KIMG0814.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 92
  • KIMG0816.JPG
    KIMG0816.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 89
Jetstream 2nd stages
2960 first stage

Step 1-send to @rsingler for service, expect to replace both 2nd stage diaphragms, both 2nd stage pilot valves, and the 1st stage bullet. $200 on top of standard service ish
Step 2-cry because those hoses are insanely expensive and so are the omniswivel adapters that you probably need to go to normal hoses

Jetstream 2nd stages
2960 first stage

Step 1-send to @rsingler for service, expect to replace both 2nd stage diaphragms, both 2nd stage pilot valves, and the 1st stage bullet. $200 on top of standard service ish
Step 2-cry because those hoses are insanely expensive and so are the omniswivel adapters that you probably need to go to normal hoses
Are my existing hoses not safe to use?

Jetstream 2nd stages
2960 first stage

DGX makes an aftermarket adapter. I have used them back in my Poseidon days.

Can anyone tell me what I have here and how I should proceed bringing it all back into service?

It all works in the pool.
a yoke poseidon, I have only even seen one other one. It is laying my garage somewhere.

Are my existing hoses not safe to use?
they probably are fine to use but if you need to change the hose length or they're starting to get weird on the OPV mechanism if they've seen too much salt they don't make them anymore

@Tracy have to have an OPV on the first stage and I can't stand the port plug OPV's that are always leaking. The DGX one is great if you have the 3960's or the MK3 but if you have the 2960 or MK2 you need some sort of OPV on there.

they probably are fine to use but if you need to change the hose length or they're starting to get weird on the OPV mechanism if they've seen too much salt they don't make them anymore

@Tracy have to have an OPV on the first stage and I can't stand the port plug OPV's that are always leaking. The DGX one is great if you have the 3960's or the MK3 but if you have the 2960 or MK2 you need some sort of OPV on there.
They were used almost exclusively for wreck diving in the great lakes. I would probably use them mostly in freshwater I don't imagine I'll be flying with them and I don't like traveling with odd equipment.

Thanks for the help.

I tend to pitch the double enders. All of the weird poseidon service and parts issues, none of the good aspects.
flat tops are some of my favorite first stages. They are top quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom