poseidon/ parkway unisuit drysuit zipper prob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

auminer

New
Reaction score
Hello, I have a poseidon unisuit with a torn zipper. The metal part of the zipper is seperated from the vinyl along about 5 inchs at the crotch. A result of trying to squeeze my fat rear end into this suit. The suit is in like new shape besides this problem. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement zipper for this suit or a place to have it repaired? I also may need new intake and exhaust valves. I'm in interior Alaska. Thanks for your help

Superior Diving Repair, Inc will replace Unisuit zippers. They charge $235 to replace normal sized zippers. I am not sure what they charge for those super extra long Unisuit zippers, but they do list them on their site.

They do excellent work with a pretty quick turn around time.

http://www.drysuitrepair.com/repairs.htm

Wow, thanks for the info I've been searching all over with no results untill I found this site. Thankyou very much for the quick help.

Bob3:
If you want to save the $60+ or so for postage & do the job yourself, the zippers aren't ghastly expensive, even though it may cost as much as another used suit.
Nice gloves and mitts, for a reasonable price I'll have to give them a try. I've used other kevlar gloves and mitts in the past with poor results, even when I start off with a Auqa- Seal layer on them when new. I work in low 30's to mid 40's degree water temps for 8 to 10 hours a day. Not real diving, just in creeks with average depths of 4 to ten feet with air supplied by a engine driven compressor. Will these gloves hold up to the abrasion they will be subjected to I.E. throwing rocks, gravel, moving boulders setting steel chockers etc... without daily repairs on them? What do you estimate the useful life to be considering the abuse I will put them through? Thanks again for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom