Poseidon Odin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been diving a Dacor 950 first stage and a Odin second stage for over 15 years. Due to the availability of parts for the 950 I recently purchased a new Odin (1st & 2nd stage). On my first dive I couldn't help but notice the pressure required to keep the regulator in my mouth. If I turned my head to the right it really wanted to come out of my mouth! It may be because of the adapter (I primarily use a K valve) and the lack of a swivel head on the 1st stage like the Dacor. How do other Poseidon divers deal with this? Also, believe it or not, I think the old combo breaths easier... I have the intermediate pressure set at approx. 150 on the 950. What is the factory set pressure on the Posiedon 1st stage? How do you adjust?

Thank You.

PK

I think that the 950 IP is a little high. The Poseidons are a little finicky. The IP rises substantially when tank pressure decreases. You adjust it the same way as other diaphragms, on the end of the reg. If the length bugs you get a longer hose.

Back
Top Bottom