Poseidon O-Ring Types and Size info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for some info on Poseidon O-Ring types and sizes. I have a couple 2940 1st stages I want to clean and service and want to use O2 compatible Viton (or better) O-rings. It looks like most of the O-rings from the 3872(Viton) kit will work, but the HPseat and the diaphragm are different, So I need to either just combine two kits, or order the Individual Viton parts to upgrade the 3886 kit.

My other option is to figure out the O-ring sizes and types and just stock up on the bulk bags.
a)Can anyone confirm if the Viton(Green) O-Rings supplied by Poseidon are 70, 75 or 90 hardness? Or some of each? I assumed the HP parts should be 90, but some seem softer and I am guessing 70/75.
b) I have the metric sizes for some of the parts, but they seem to be odd sizes. Are the standard sizes? anyone have a list or conversion chart? (and willing to share?)
c)Best source for stock Metric O-rings? I have been using the O-Ring store, but they don't seem to have a lot of metric sizes in 90 hardness.

are you using them for O2 service?

I think the best way to tackle this one is going to be with the micrometers and spec them out. Do a rough "feel" comparison against known 70/90 duro o-rings and bulk order them

I am planning to take an advance Nitrox class and/or Deco class at some point this year. I have not decided which route to go, so I want to be able to use a couple 2940 1st stages I have for ~50% and possible 100% at some point.

I know I can just pull Viton parts from the 3872 kits I have, but I was not sure if the black rubber (1189) Diaphragm was safe for 02 use. I am pretty sure others have used these 1st stages for deco, but I like to double check stuff like this.

I do like the idea of getting the actual sizes and ordering in bulk. I am slowly working on this too. It seems that I have ended up with a lot of odd-ball spare stuff, including HP seats and Cup filters, so it would really figure out the other O-rings needed.

Compiling this information right now, will have it published on this thread once it's done, but I have all of the o-ring sizes!

A plus marine sells oring kits for the poseidons. Seats and diaphragms.. got me. I don't know of a good source other than Poseidon.

Compiling this information right now, will have it published on this thread once it's done, but I have all of the o-ring sizes!

Did you ever get all this information together? It would be good to see :)

Did you ever get all this information together? It would be good to see :)

Attachments

• poseidon o-ring capture.JPG
    poseidon o-ring capture.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 728
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom