Poseidon Flexisuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkUK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone tried a Poseidon Flexisuit yet? I'd like to get some feedback from other users.

I have just got one for long-term tests and took it to Ireland with me for a long weekend. With a mix of Fourth Element Xerotherm and Xerotherm Arctic underneath, I was as warm as toast, and the conditions were ropey to say the least.

I am going to take it with me to Egypt in November too. I will be getting some 45-50 dives in over the two weeks I am out there, so I want to be warm - sod the 5mm semi!

That's what I like most about the Flexisuit. It only weighs 1.5kg or so, so is as light as a thicker wetsuit, and it has soft boots with a flexible sole, so you can wear your fins straight on them, you don't need to use rockboots (though you can for rougher terrain).

I am impressed with it so far, but at £845, I'd expect to be.

So, anyone else tried one out yet?

Mark

"Anyone tried a Poseidon Flexisuit yet? I'd like to get some feedback from other users."

Me two because in France it's hard to find feedbacks concerning this product.
I'm very interested by it but I need informations from users.
Thank's MarkUK...

Looks like I am raising this from the dead. There has got to be more people on this forum that has used or is using one of these.

Is this suit fine to use (with good undergarments) in the Pacific Northwest?

Anyone?

What about the new Evolution X?

I've been diving the Jetsuit for 6 years, and it is fantastic. Just got a leak by the ankle, and was thinking about the Evolution X since it is a 3mm. THe Jetsuit is 5mm, and gets a bit toasty in the summer months, when the water temp hits the 70's.

It would be nice to see more information on the Poseidon Flexisuit and Evolution.
Reviews? Pictures? Anyone?

The Poseidon/Viking undergarments are re-branded 4th Element Arctics. The Black and yellow looks cool. Here's a picture of the Viking version:

Viking Dry Suit Undergarments | Scuba Center | 3-Piece “Arctic” Undergarment, Arctic Plus, Comfort Plus, Hygienic Super, Hood Liners...

I've seen a picture of the same set up with Poseidon logos. A Poseidon Flexisuit or Evolution with these undergarments are on my short list for an upcoming drysuit purchase. I'm considering Santi eSpace, Poseidon Flexisuit, Poseidon Evolution, and Whites Fusion Tech.

The lack of Poseidon information or detailed user reviews is frustrating.:depressed:

There is this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqByJuIV8U

But that's all I can find.

-Mitch

I just love my Poseidon gear, and I too am disappointed in the lack of Poseidon reviews.

Poseidon is really missing the mark when it comes to US product awareness. Their US distribution problems in the past really hurt them. However, I believe that they are on the right track with Melanie & Jerry Price running the US Distribution.

I just got a Poseidon Flexisuit today . I am hoping to try it out Thursday despite storm warnings .
It is easy to don and doff as compared to some front entry suits . The zipper goes quite a ways down the back , may need assistance at first .
It certainly is flexable , light , and comfortable topside .
I am excited to try this baby . Detailed report to follow .
coldwaterlloyd

I just got a Poseidon Flexisuit today . I am hoping to try it out Thursday despite storm warnings .
It is easy to don and doff as compared to some front entry suits . The zipper goes quite a ways down the back , may need assistance at first .
It certainly is flexable , light , and comfortable topside .
I am excited to try this baby . Detailed report to follow .
coldwaterlloyd
Used the Poseidon Flexisuit for the first dive .
It is very comfortable and flexible as advertised . :)

The neck seal is pretty well useless . :( I will try rolling it next time but there is not much length to get a roll around .
If you go vertical in the water it will vent if you like it or not . Water will enter so the fun is pretty well over at that point .

It is not as warm as I expected even before it leaked . I use Fourth Element base layer with their Xerotherm over top .
The same undergarments are great with my Pinnacle Black Ice which is 4.5 compressed neoprene with merino lining .
I did not expect the same thermal protection but it was chilly with 47 degree water .
Our dive was 45 minutes at 80 feet maximum . I was ready to get out . :confused:

All in all I really liked the suit , and would probably say I love it in 50 degree plus water .
:eyebrow: I may add more undergarments as the suit stretches so easy you will not fell bulky with it .
If the neck seal does not work out I have no problem replacing it with a standard 3mm roll over neck seal .
I am not a fan of neoprene socks but the suit is so light I would not change them . I would take this drysuit to the tropics as it felt like a 3mm wetsuit underwater , as advertised . :cool2:

I have been diving cold water for 20 years and I feel the cold . I would call myself a bit of a woss but it gets cold up here , especially on repetitive dives . I know some new divers that I dive with that do the same profile and do not complain . I am a critical judge of suits so if I approve most people will feel real warm .
I will wait until I get a complete dry dive before giving this baby two thumbs up but for sure after a leaky first dive I am still giving it an approval .
I will follow this thread up after 25 dives for a detailed review . stay tuned

I have about 800 drysuit dives and used about every suit you can name . Shell and Neoprene .

Once the neckseal was replaced I have really enjoyed this suit . It is as advertised for comfort and flex . It is my summer drysuit for the Pacific Northwest . I do not overheat pre dive and it is warm enough for water above 49 degrees .

Back
Top Bottom