Poseidon Cyklon 5000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver502

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently picked up a set of Poseidon regs that I believe to be a Cyklon 5000 Diveair with a 3257 1st stage and 1133 2nd stage. They seem to be in impeccable condition and don’t look like they’ve ever seen water. I’m curious if these can be brought up to spec and used as deco regs with a high o2 gas. If they can, is it advisable or not? I’m looking to take AN/DP next year so trying to get gear squared away. Not an issue if I can’t use these, but I got a steal on them at $25 and figured I’d give it a shot.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, information about these seems to be pretty scarce.

Attachments

• IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6332.jpeg
    IMG_6332.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6333.jpeg
    IMG_6333.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6337.jpeg
    IMG_6337.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 16
Too risky to use, I#ll give you 50 and save you the trouble of throwing them out

ok, jokes aside:
Oh boy oh boy, these aren't 5000s, they are the older sturdier 300 (the 2nds are metal right?) -- bullet proof mofos

the most important thing is to watch out w Poseidons, they don't tune/spec like other regs (differnet IP range), so have them serviced by someone who knows how to handle them -- maybe also have a spare/backup reg plan for your course anyways (if the cyklon doesn't get tested before it)

congrats again and have fun with AN/DP

Yes, absolutely plan to have it serviced by a tech before taking it in the water. 2nd stage body is metal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom